Friday, July 10, 2009

my roller coaster ride called life

So a lot has happened in the last week. Last Thursday at noon, when I was so excited about heading out of town to spend the holiday with my family, I was called into my ASSHOLE of a boss's office. I had won a contest 2 weeks earlier that allowed me to leave at noon for the 4th of July. I was a little caught off guard being called in there since I was leaving, but that was kinda the norm in this twisted office environment. I was blindsided! I was being let go from the company. When I asked why, I was told HR would be more than happy to discuss it with me the following Monday. This asshole stated that he didn't have time to explain it to me.
---Now as a side note, I had been with this company for almost a year. I had been given great feedback on my calls, received alright marks on my reviews, always asked questions to try and improve, conformed to everything they asked of me, and had even been pulled aside by another of my dick sucking boss's just to be told that my job is safe! ---I later found out this was a business decision and the entire construction team was let go, as well as a few others. I understand the decision, I still don't understand the asshole's arrogance!
I had been working with the construction market for about 2.5 months, and things were actually starting to look up. I knew cuts were coming to the company, but never expected this! This company was one of the few places that I have worked where I actually believed in what I was selling. I bought into all of the hype! I guess I was just a fool. That company was not what I thought it was. I'm not a fake person. I didn't fit in. Now, that doesn't mean that everyone there is fake (if you're reading this, you were considered a friend), but the real people were few and far between!
So here I am again; unemployed, trying to make it in the world. I'm a single dad, with a mortgage, a car payment and bills piling up. Thank God for the neighbor's internet I'm stealing!!
I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Better things will surly come. I have a pretty well rounded resume, and am applying to jobs like crazy on Monster & CareerBuilder. My goal is to stay in Nashville. I love it here; this is my home! Plus, I love my family but don't think I could take living so close again. Now that doesn't mean I won't consider moving back to Louisville, but it will be one of my last options.
So that is what's been up in my life since last Thursday. A lot of stress, but also a lot of pool time with Hanna. I might as well enjoy what I still have while I have it! I'm not going to get too depressed, at least not for long. Life will go on, this roller coaster ride is far from over. I'm not much of a religious person, but an a firm believer that God doesn't throw more at you than you are actually able to handle. I will never be homeless, I will never be poor. I have good friends, and the BEST family. For that I will always have a home and will always be rich where it counts!
Now if you know of anyone hiring, PLEASE PASS THE INFO MY WAY!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jerm baby, I am so sorry to hear about your job!!! I hadn't read your blog in a while and I saw on facebook you were looking for a new job and so I was confused! That guy sounds like a total asshole. But hey at least you sold your house real quick that is good. I know you will find something else so don't worry. Any business would be LUCKY to have such an asset.

    ReplyDelete